Lagu Damai Foundation
Lagu Damai is a non - profit, social and educational Balinese foundation. Please watch the video to learn about projects and Jiwa Damai retreat center.
Socially Responsible National and International Projects
The psychological values incorporated in all projects are: unfolding the HeartSelf–Intelligence, consciousness of joy, empowerment leading to increased self-esteem and self-reliance in cooperation with the environment, community, earth and humanity as a whole
* Most of our workshops, seminars, and educational activities are held at at Jiwa Damai agro - permaculture retreat center.
Meet Dr. Margret Rueffler, our founder of Lagu Damai Bali Foundation and Jiwa Damai agro-permaculture and retreat center. Margret is an acupuncturist, author, and transpersonal psychologist and therapist. She discovered permaculture 9 years ago as it seemed a very organic move to expand from learning to love one’s Self, to uncovering the deep love for the earth as a living being. She is a certified Permaculture Designer and Consultant, and has worked internationally with PsychoPolitical Action projects, collective traumata, prevention of collective violence and the collective unconscious.
For the past decade, she has been a guest lecturer at several universities in Java and has worked as a project consultant with the department of Psychology of Ubaya University in Surabaya, Java.
Meet I Wayan Wiranata, President of Lagu Damai Foundation since 2011. Wira graduated from the Universitas Ngurah Rai in Social Politics and is an experienced mediator working with local authorities on various social projects.
He is certified in Permaculture Design and Landscaping from Palm Agro Organic Ayung and specializes in designing and implementing permaculture principles for hotels and organic gardens throughout Bali.
Lagu Damai Foundation Projects
- Community projects
- Sponsoring local Balinese youths for high school and university
- Eight-year project in four youth detention centers in Bali and Java, training youths and staff using an empowering approach
- Planning and implementing a shelter for youths in Java after release from youth correction institution (in cooperation with Dept. of Psychology Ubaya University in Surabaya, Java)
Lagu Damai Foundation Education – at Jiwa Damai permaculture retreat center
- Growing organic foods
- Permaculture training and certification
- Host students from universities for practicum – internships for established agriculture schools
- Preparation classes for Indonesian Organic certification
- Environmental impact reduction and stewardship
- Waste management and recycling
- Re-forestation projects
- Water management
- Seminars and workshops for national or international individuals and groups wanting to effect change:
-> Peace Initiating seminars
-> Prevention of collective violence seminars
-> Meditation and yoga seminars
Lagu Damai Research Projects
Permaculture Design and Consulting
- Email email@example.com for more details.
Internships and Education
- We offer individual internships and practical trainings throughout the year. Programmes are available for international and national students and graduates --> more information.
Certified Organic Products
- Producing Bali Extra Virgin Coconut Oil from our coconut grove, using all by-products. --> Products